Friday, November 13, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
1. Try a blazer with a rounded shoulder. Still padded, but more feminine.
2. Dress in grays and neutrals, with one rich jewel tone accessory like a belt or scarf.
3. Try a thin, loose, gold chain belt around a dark skirt.
4. Don’ t be afraid of rich lipstick tones during the day.
5. Try a dark dark dark nail polish, with very short tips.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
1. Keep facial moisturizer in the fridge. The cold will be refreshing and help close pores.
2. Rinse hair in white vinegar every two weeks to remove product build-up.
3. Don’t have an eyelash curler handy? Use a teaspoon!
4. For a nice sheer look, mix foundation with moisturizer.
5. Before purchasing a fashion or beauty splurge, take a photo of yourself wearing it, to make sure it’s REALLY worth the extra cash.
6. Never (even if you reallllllly want to) wear more than one or two accessories. Simply=classy.
7. When choosing the best blush for your skin tone, match the color to your knuckles when you make a fist.
8. Buy heels a half-size up and put extra cushiony inserts inside.
9. To look fresh and well-rested, rim the inner corners of your eyes with white eyebrow pencil.
10. To make your legs look their best, wear skirts that fall either just above the knee or just below the knee, and nude high heels to add length.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
My summer style strategy is light and breezy neutrals… that being said, we may all change our tune this fall. Marie Claire has a spread in their September issue about an operatic influence in fall fashion. I can’t wait for a little rich embellishment this fall (think gilded gold bracelets and brooches).